Since it is important for learners to evolve in stages we have compiled what we feel are gradual steps for students to take, regardless of age!
1. Our Pedagogy is line with that followed internationally. The various Dance Forms that we teach are divided into different levels.
We have courses defined for those interested in :
- Social Dancing
- Competitive Dancing
- Teacher Training
- Dancing for Fitness
- Performance oriented Training
For the former, there are six stages, namely:
- Beginners : includes 3 Dance Forms – Salsa, Cha Cha & Jive
- Intermediate 1
- Intermediate 2
- Advance 1
- Advance 2
From Elementary to Advance 2 other forms included at each level – Rumba, Samba, Waltz
Each level is of 6 weeks duration.
Further training in these 6 forms with many different moves and stylish variations and more dances like Paso Doble, Fox Trot, Quickstep, Tango we offer advance training :
- Pre Bronze
- Gold Star
2. Instructors: Are trained and have achieved a level of proficiency in dance instruction. With individual attention and team work, they ensure that all students in a batch learn together. Emphasis is laid on technique and style and every student’s performance is monitored
3. Fun Learning: Is important for us. We encourage students to try their hand at choreography make routine classes more fun! We also offer our students extra practice sessions to provide a relaxed learning environment to hone their dance skills
4. Evaluation: Every student is being constantly evaluated by the instructor. Areas of improvement as well as strengths of every student are marked and communicated. As a result, every individual is aware of the performance improvement chart.
5. DanceSport Competitions: Are held every 2-3 months batch where students are encouraged to ‘perform’ for an audience and compete! These internal parties and competitions are filled with fun, excitement, cheer and a dance spirit that allows students to bond well with their batch-mates and instructors. It also gives students an opportunity to compete at district, state, national and international levels.
6. Dance Examinations : Internal Medallist Exams are held every 3 months with preparatory workshops before exam. Shannon & Priti personally examine each student here. Every 6 months we hold an External Medallist Exam with an international examiner coming on board.